Friday, March 27, 2009

Kanoyama

I went to Kanoyama with Mr. Meat & Potatoes. I've been wanting to check out this East Village sushi place for awhile since hearing about the freshness of their fish. It was considered a hidden gem. We arrived there at around 6:15pm on a Tuesday. There were still plenty of tables open. We were looking for something simple. So we just ordered some edamame ($5) and sushi for two ($46). It came with miso soup. The food came quickly and the fish tasted fresh. On the sampler platter for 2, they gave us tuna, salmon, eel, yellowtail, caviar/roe, shrimp, salmon roll, tuna roll, and california roll. It definitely was enough for the two of us. I really like the place because it didn't smell fishy and there were plenty of Japanese people dining there. It helps me think that this place is a little more authentic than the million other sushi places in the East Village. And by the time we left, the place was packed. I think that speaks pretty well for a restaurant on a Tuesday night. I really liked it. It's simple enough for me. It might turn into my go to Japanese joint.


Kanoyama
175 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10003
(212) 777-5266
www.kanoyama.com

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Tomoe?? I think it's on Thompson Street. I'd be interested to hear what you think of that place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: I haven't been to Tomoe. I'll be sure to try it and then I'll let you know my thoughts on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.