Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PJ Clarkes

So I went to PJ Clarke's this past weekend. It's been a staple institution in NYC. I've been wanting to go there for a really long time. Of course they are known for their burgers and so that's what I ordered.
Cheeseburger with Griddle Onions
Ordered it medium. It looks a little overcooked to me.
Some onion strings.
And shoe string fries!
Although my burger was overcooked, it was still very juicy. The meat was loosely packed and flavorful. The griddled onions were a nice addition and added a slight sweetness to it. The onion strings were great. Lightly battered and not greasy at all. These aren't like onion rings at all. They have a lot more onion flavor, which is what I prefer. The fries were good too. Crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside. I like my fries thinly cut just like that. Oh and I also had a bloody mary. They do it the traditional way with horseradish. Yum! I like PJ's. Their food was good and their service was good. Sometimes the place can get really crowded. But if you go at the right time, then you don't have to wait. I went on a Saturday afternoon at around 12noon. There were people coming in and it was starting to fill up. But most people liked to sit at the bar. I had a group of 8 people and they didn't have a problem seating us. On the burger scale of 1-10. I would give them an 7. Good but not the best. And overcooked. On the restaurant scale, I would also give them an 7. Meaning, I had a good time and would go again.

PJ Clarke's
917 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10022
(212) 317-1616

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.