Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St Patrick's Day At Bar Stuzzichini [CLOSED]

Another St Patrick's Day comes and goes. I've recently grown to celebrate this joyous holiday not in my local pub, but in offbeat areas where I can just relax and enjoy a drink or two. This year, two friends join me at Bar Stuzzichini. It's a wine bar with a vast menu. It's become my go-to place recently when I can't decide on any where else. The good thing about Bar Stuzzichini on St Patrick's Day is that it is low key. No one was getting drunk off cheap green beer. To celebrate, my friends and I enjoyed glasses of Peroni and Moretti all night. Meanwhile, we had some bread and small plates. We ordered the Polpo (grilled octopus) and Carciofi (fried artichokes). The food was good and simple. It's not the best place on the block, but it's solid fare at a reasonable prices. The beers were $8 each for large glasses. And the Polpo was $9 and the Carciofi $8. We weren't very hungry so we didn't order much. But if you are hungry, they have a great deal for 5 stuzzichini's (small plates) for $29. I would have taken a picture of the artichokes (my favorite) but I was preoccupied by an accident involving me and a tipped over glass of water on my friend. Sorry, Lady Lollipop! I expect to go back again; so next time I'll be sure to take a picture. Basically, this is a great place to just sit and chat with your friends over some wine and simple food. Bar Stuzzichini 928 Broadway New York, NY 10010 (212) 780-5100 www.barstuzzichini.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.