Friday, April 24, 2009

Apple Cider Donuts

I like donuts. I really like donuts. I don't discriminate. I'll eat them from chains (Dunkin Donuts; Krispy Kreme), supermarkets (Entenmann's), bakeries (Donut Plant), etc. Recently, I went in search of an apple cider donut as mentioned in this Serious Eats post. That article had me dreaming of donuts all day. And it brought me to the crowded Union Square Greenmarket. Specifically, I was looking for Migliorelli Farms. I didn't mind looking at the other fresh produce and goods there. It's great. There's a lot to find there. But my mind was set on one thing: donut. I finally spot the awning. And yes, they still have donuts! They're $0.75 each or 3 for $2. I just opted for one. And it's delicious! Covered in sugar and cinnamon. It's soft and still warm. Very light. And you can really taste the apple. I devoured it and wished I had bought 3. Ah, maybe next time. Union Square Greenmarket cenyc.org/greenmarket Migliorelli Farm migliorelli.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.