Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day!

In Midtown, my closest Ben & Jerry's is in Rockefeller Center. At about 1:30pm, I heard the line was only 10 minutes long. Thinking that lunch would be a busy time, I decided to hear over later in the day. At 3:35pm, I stood at the end of the line. When I got to the counter, there were only a few selections left. For instance, vanilla, chocolate, chocolate chip cookie dough, cherry garcia, oatmeal cookie chunk, sweet cream and cookies. At 4:10pm, I had my ice cream in hand. Although I did stand in line for about 35 minutes, it moved pretty well. The line looked much longer than that. Free anything will have people stand in line for a long time.
My Cherry Garcia
One gripe though. My scooper put the ice cream on lopsided so I had to eat it strangely in order to prevent it from just toppling over. I experienced this as a Haagen Dazs as a kid. And let me tell you that it can be the saddest thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.