Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Shower Part 3: Kyoto

The actual baby shower took place at a Japanese restaurant called Kyoto. They have a couple of locations. I went to the one in Queens. The menu started with a Mango Salad with Duck Sauce Dressing. Then a choice of California Roll or Cucumber and Avocado. I had the California. There were 4 pieces but I ate one before taking the picture. Last, they offered: Chicken Terriyaki, Sizzling Beef, Pad Thai, or Sushi Platter. I had the 7-Piece Sushi Platter. As you can see, it was a common selection of tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellowtail, mackerel, fluke, and white tuna or sea bass. The food was okay. The Mango Salad was strange. I've never had duck sauce as a dressing. I don't think I ever would want it again. The California Roll was forgettable. And the Sushi Platter was also forgettable. The rice was actually still too warm which made the fish warm. I don't know about you but I don't like my raw fish warm. It also consequently made it slightly chewy. I have to say though that service was prompt and good. They checked on us several times. And in the end, they offered free ice cream (red bean, mango, or green tea). I wouldn't choose to go here again. But then again, I didn't choose to go here in the first place. Kyoto 153-11 Union Turnpike Flushing, NY 11367 (718) 380-7777 kyotosushinyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.