Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Italian Gourmet Shop: Sergios

Whenever I'm in the Parsiappany area of NJ, there's a place that I always go to. It's called Sergios and it's located in Denville, NJ. They are an Italian gourmet delicacy shop. They serve a lot of imported cured meats and cheeses. You can find groceries here as well. You can buy your canned San Marzano tomatoes, dried/fresh/frozen pasta, and sauces. This specialty shop also has a kitchen and serves daily special hot lunches. The food here is amazing. I have never had anything bad here. It's always fantastic. This time I got the #1 sandwich on their menu. It's prosciutto, fresh mozzarella, basil, and olive oil on an Italian roll. They use the imported prosciutto on their sandwich. It's so good. You can really taste the difference. I once tasted the domestic and it wasn't the same. I also got a plate of the pasta carbonara. It was penne in a cream sauce with pancetta and peas. It was really good. Very rich. Very filling. In addition for the hot specials, they had chicken carciofi. I didn't know what it was so I inquired. It consisted of chicken breasts in a marsala sauce with mushrooms, artichokes, and prosciutto. It sounded good but I didn't opt for it. I wanted the sandwich. But the people at Sergios are so nice and accommodating that they packed some chicken carciofi for us to try. I was so grateful and happy. It tasted so good. And to round everything off, I also had an arancini. It's an Italian rice ball. It's basically risotto stuffed with ground meat and peas and sauce. Then deep fried to perfection. These are really big. And they offer marinara sauce on the side. So good. All this cost about $20. So much good food. Whenever I'm in the area, I will always stop by. Sergio & Co 28 Broadway Denville, NJ 07834 (973) 627-1043

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.