Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Treats Truck (again)

I have to admit that the Treats Truck has sparked my interest. It's parked on 46th Street and 6th Avenue in Midtown on Fridays. With such close proximity to work, it can be quite dangerous (to my diet). I thought I could ignore the delicious treats for awhile. And I did. That is, until I read a recent post from Blondie and Brownie's blog. Kim Ima, of Treats Truck, is doing animal sugar cookies. These sprinkled cookies highlight the charity of the month: The Wildlife Conservation Society. When I get to the truck, I get one cookie of each animal: a blue monkey, a purple hippo, and a yellow lion. I immediately fall in love with the hippo. I claim it instantly. The monkey and lion are for sharing though. I expected the cookies to be like normal sugar cookies: not very flavorful; just sweet. But these are different. They're buttery and rich. The sprinkles actually add most of the sweetness. They're very good. And you can tell that they're homemade. Oh Treats Truck, you definitely have a hold on me. I'll make good use of your frequent treater card. Oh dear, my diet won't be happy with you...or me. www.treatstruck.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment