Friday, June 19, 2009

The 2nd Wedding

Wedding #2 brought me to Cape Cod. Sandwich, MA to be exact. It was held in the beautiful Heritage Museums and Gardens. The ceremony was small and sweet. We were surrounded by beautiful blooming flowers. The reception was held under a tent in the garden as well. It was a fun filled night with lots of dancing and plenty of food. The cocktail hour was great. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the delicious food that was passed around. One hand with a drink, and one hand to grab food was all I could muster. But briefly, I had: bacon wrapped scallops (so good!), three cheese tarts (I love cheese), raspberry and brie tart (sweet, tart, and creamy), beef skewer with coffee sauce (interesting), chicken skewer (dry), and bruschetta (simple). For dinner, it was a buffet that offered a good selection. I, of course, had one of each thing on the first round. They offered bread, salad, pasta, roast beef (with demi glaze), salmon, and roasted vegetables. Everything was cooked very well. The pasta wasn't mushy. And the roast beef was medium to medium rare. And the sauce was very good! The salmon was fork tender. No fishiness at all. And the roasted vegetables had a nice char and rounded everything out. For my second round, I just opted for beef and bread. The wedding cake had two flavors, chocolate and vanilla. The chocolate was simple. Not entirely rich yet still satisfying. I actually liked the vanilla better. The icing was lemony which gave it that needed kick. I finished off both slices easily. Yum! The rest of the time was spent dancing the night (and calories) away! I had a very good time. Heritage Museums & Gardens 67 Grove Street Sandwich, MA 02563 (508) 888-3300 heritagemuseumsandgardens.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.