Friday, June 26, 2009

BLT Burger

After a couple of hours of walking around, we were hungry. We needed something quick yet satisfying in the West Village. Also, relatively cheap. Burgers came into mind. And we've been thinking about BLT Burger for awhile. We've walked passed it several times in the past but never ventured in. But on this rainy night, we decided to give it a try. We started with 2 pints of draft beer, Blue Point Toasted Lager ($7) and Ommegang Witte ($7). Ah, they hit the spot. For food, we both had burgers. I chose the Great Hills Blue burger ($12) cooked medium. It's a 7 oz burger with blue cheese and caramelized onions and mushrooms. The innards. As you can see, it's not medium. Unfortunately, overcooked. It looks more like well done to me. Good thing that it was still juicy. So I kept it. Though, in after thought, I should have sent it back. He picked the BLT burger ($11) with cheddar ($1) cooked medium rare. It came with double smoked bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes. The innards. As you can see, this burger was cooked as specified. Very juicy and tasty. I like this one better. We also ordered some sides: onion rings ($5) and waffle fries ($4). Both were crisp and delicious. You could still taste the onion in the rings. Always a plus in my book. The fries were good as well. If I went here again, I would definitely choose another burger. It would probably be the classic with cheese. I don't know why I stray from the classic so much. It hasn't really paid off. And in retrospect, I should have sent back my over done burger. And it didn't have enough blue cheese on it. I love cheese. And I really need to taste it on my burger. Unfortunately, the caramelized onions overpowered everything but the meat itself. The overall experience was good though. Service was friendly and attentive. The food overall was good. I would go here again.


BLT Burger 470 Sixth Avenue New York, NY 10011 (212)243-8226 bltburger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.