Saturday, June 6, 2009

Charity Dinner

Every year, for the last few years, I've participated in a charity dinner to benefit the Transplant Foundation and the Gift of Life program. This specific one is run by an old colleague of mine at the Brooklake Country Club. And his son, Jackson, is the star of the show. It's called Jackson's Mulligan on Life. It actually is a golf outing during the day and dinner at night. I usually partake in the dinner. And this year was no different. However, I did supply them with complementary chocolate chip cookies this year. They were a hit! Cocktail hour came first. Lots of good food to be found here. I hit up some meats and cheeses, a seafood salad, stuffed artichokes, and bruschetta. All good. Next came dinner which is buffet style. I had some salmon (good, not dry), veal milanese (not so good), chicken (not good at all), beef (not memorable) roast potatoes (okay), and string beans (okay). They also had a pasta station. I got penne with marinara. Eh, I could make the same or better. The best food was at the carving station. They had roast turkey and a beef roast. I only tried the turkey and it was decent. Not dry at all. I forgot to add some gravy on top. I also forgot to take pictures. I was too busy eating and making up for my first plate. There was also a spread of desserts. But my cookies were the real deal. Gift of Life Family House 401 North 3rd Street Philadelphia, PA 19123-4101 Tel: 215-557-8090 giftoflifefamilyhouse.org Gift of Life Donor Program 401 North 3rd Street Philadelphia, PA 19123 (215)557-8090 donors1.org Brooklake Country Club 139 Brooklake Road Florham Park, NJ 07932 (973)377-2235 brooklakecc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.