Monday, June 29, 2009

Miso Noodle Soup with Meatballs

I love noodles in soup. This time around I made a miso based soup and used somen noodles. I added some fishballs and beefballs. Also, I added some vegetables and an egg. The ingredients: miso, noodles, meatballs Some nice green leafy vegetables. And egg for poaching. Bring a pot of water to boil. Add meatballs. Add miso. Cook for a couple of minutes. Then add salt, then noodles. The noodles take 5 minutes to cook. Afterward, add lettuce. When the water comes back to a boil, this is done. Scoop everything out except for the soup. Crack the egg into a ladle and slowly lower into simmering water. Cook until all the white turns opaque. The finished product: noodles on the bottom with miso based soup. Then, some meatballs on top with vegetables on the side. And also my poor excuse for a poached egg. It didn't come out the way I wanted at all. It's difficult in clouded water. Oh well, there's always a next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, that's a good idea to put some balls into the miso soup. I usually just drink the miso soup by itself :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danny:

    It just makes it so much better and filling.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.