Friday, July 3, 2009

A Day of Eating with the Family - Part 3: Dinner

Dinner with family at home is usually home cooked. It's really traditional Chinese home food. You can't really get this stuff outside. And if you did find a place that did it, you're paying too much! My sister made pork spare ribs with squash. The squash is sweet and soft but still has a slight bite to it. Good! The dad steamed a whole sea bass with soy sauce, ginger, and scallions. I think that's our holy trinity. The fish was flaky and tender. He also made a steamed chicken. It was rubbed down with salt and then rinsed off. This is a very subtle type of chicken. It doesn't have any spices. It's truly made to glorify the taste of chicken. I made a dipping sauce for the chicken. It's ginger, scallions, salt, and oil. This stuff is really addicting. I love to use any extra to mix in with my rice. Yum! This collaboration of cooks was good. Everything tasted pretty good and of course I ate too much. It's been awhile since I've had this home cooking. I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.