Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pork Chop Dinner

I felt like making dinner one night. I wanted something hearty like a steak dinner. But since I don't have a cast iron skillet nor the money to buy a dry aged rib eye, I opted for pork chops instead. I can never do a steak as good as a steakhouse. But mashed potatoes and creamed spinach I can do. And I love mixing them together. The ingredients: pork, spinach, potato, onion. First, defrost your frozen spinach and squeeze out the excess water. Then, peel and chop your potato until bite sized. Place in a pot with cold, salted water. Boil until fork tender. Drain and place back into the same pot. This method uses the residual heat from the hot to dry the potatoes out a little. Add butter and cream to your liking. Lastly, add the spinach and mix thoroughly. Next, chop your onions. And season your meat. Normally, I could do a brind but that takes hours. This was a fast dinner so just salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Next, melt your butter and olive oil in a pan on low. Add onions and slowing cook until softened. Add pork chops to pan and sear until browned and cooked through. I like to layer my chops over the potatoes. I like to eat this dish with a little bit of everything in one bite. The creaminess of the potatoes and spinach, the sweetness from the slow cooked onions, and the flavorful pork. Yum, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.