Monday, August 17, 2009

53rd Street Famous Halal Guys

I was craving some halal food but wanted to try some place new. Then I thought to myself that I've never been to the famous cart of 53rd Street and 6th Avenue. I needed to go. When I arrived at its daytime location (SE corner), the line was pretty long. But I stood in the hot summer sun anyway. The smell that emanated from the cart was hooking and reeling me in. A good 15 minutes later and the guy took my order: chicken and lamb over rice with white and hot sauce (the Midtown Lunch Street Meat Palooza dish - $5). A quick walk back to my office and I opened up a container of goodness. The chicken and lamb was tender and flavorful. The rice was a little dry. I could have used a little more white sauce to moisten things up. The lettuce and tomato was a nice addition to the carb and meat heavy dish. They also add a couple of pita wedges which was nice. The white sauce was okay. I actually like the tang of other carts better. The hot sauce was very good though. They put on just enough for me to get the heat in some bites while leaving other bites for me to recover from the spice. This is a great deal for what you get. It's a lot of food and they don't skimp with the meat. I finished the whole thing and I'm very full. And it gave me food coma at 3pm. But that's just a sign of some good, satisfying food.


Famous Halal Guys 53rd St & 6th Ave SE corner for daytime SW corner for nighttime

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! This blog post could not be written much better!
    Reading through this article reminds me of my previous
    roommate! He always kept talking about this. I am going to send this information to him.
    Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Stop by my web site; 手錶

    ReplyDelete