Monday, August 10, 2009

Empire Diner

Sometimes, I just feel like having some good diner food. Nothing fancy. Just something easy that I didn't feel like making myself. The Empire Diner in Parsippany, NJ is such a place. It's clean, the service is fast, and it gives me exactly what I want: greasy food. We started with a plate of mozzarella sticks (~$8.50)to share. I forgot to take a picture of this before we scarfed these down. They were very simple fried cheese sticks. It was hot enough for the cheese to be completely melted inside. And the marinara sauce was fine. What I liked though was the breading. I know they probably buy these frozen and ready to fry at any time. But from wherever they get these, the breading had a slight herb seasoning that really made it taste better than just normal mozzarella sticks. I liked it! Next, I had a patty melt (medium) with fries (~$8). It was exactly what I was craving. The cheese was melted and the patty was cooked to my specifications: still pink inside. There were also lots of grilled onions which I love. The patty melt was greasy in a good way and completely satisfied me. The fries were decent too. Crispy on the outside, but hot and soft potatoes on the inside. He got the Texas burger (medium-rare) with fries (~$8). Unfortunately, his burger was cooked more than my patty but it still had some pink inside. The edges were all browned though. It came with bacon, cheese, and a ranch dip. He enjoyed his burger very much. It was exactly what he was craving at the moment. We both left happy and full. We didn't finish out fries, though I might have been able to. However, I didn't want to sit in the car ride home being too full. Oh and everyhing came with a pickle and cole slaw. Those were not memorable. Empire Diner 1315 Route 46 Parsippany, NJ 07054 (973) 335-2729

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.