Wednesday, August 19, 2009

L&B Spumoni Gardens

A craving for pizza led me to convince Mr. Meat & Potatoes to drive us to L&B Spumoni Gardens. I've been here before. Loved the food, hated the restaurant service. This time, it was just the pick up window. And that's the way I'll go from here on. It was a warm summer evening and the place was crowded. But we wandered up to the window to order hot pizza anyway. I thought they offered slices with toppings. I was wrong. Instead, we both opted for 1 round plain slice and 1 square (sicilian) slice each ($2.25 each). Even though they were just plain, they were delicious! Normally, I will always pick thin crust over any other type but the sicilian here is so good. The flavor of the sauce and the crunch of the crust was to die for. In actuality, the plain round slice was very mediocre. The crust was flimsy and it was all cheese. Not enough sauce for a well balanced pizza. Maybe next time I'll just go just for the sicilian slices. Mmmm, so good. L & B Spumoni Gardens 2725 86th St Brooklyn, NY 11223 (718) 449-1230 spumonigardens.com

No comments:

Post a Comment