Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Little Italy Pizza

Still on that pizza high from L&B, I went in search for more. This time, I was stuck in Midtown for lunch. I picked the closest place, Little Italy Pizza. I've heard decent things about it. Time for me to try. Once inside, I was happy to see a line at the back to order. Where there's people, there's usually good food. Also, it gives me time to peruse the options before getting up to the counter. There was a good variety of toppings. And there were many slices with vegetables. I really like meat and vegetables in my pizza. The combination is great. Eventually, I went for the grandma slice with mozzarella, tomato, and basil. And it's topped with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. And a slice with pepperoni and sausage. Both slices came out to $7.45 with tax. The grandma slice was good. The crust was crunchy but still soft on the inside. The cheese didn't melt too much which was good for this type of topping. They give you a while basil leaf with each slice. That's awesome! The tomato was very generic. Not ripe enough but not under-ripe. The balsamic vinegar on top was not that great. It was more sweet than sour. I like my vinegar sour. But overall, the slice was good. The meat slice was better. They're not stingy with their toppings. The whole thing was covered with pepperoni and sausage. The sausage is sliced thin so when it bakes in the oven, it crisps up. I liked that crunchy factor. The crust, again, was crispy. They cheese was okay. I wish there was more sauce though. When it comes to pizza, I like the all the ingredients to work together to make a really good slice. As much as I like cheese, I want that sauce to be good. I want that crust to be crunchy yet soft. I don't like to overdose on toppings. And I like a mixture of meat and vegetables. It's like a complete meal to me. Everything should have a say when you take a bite. As far as Little Italy Pizza goes, it's an okay place. It's good enough for a return visit. But I won't be raving about it. Nor would I be hating on it.

Little Italy Pizza 55 W 45th Street New York, NY 10036 (212) 730-7575 littleitalypizzany.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.