Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Wong

And the Asian comfort food craving lives on. I went back to one of my childhood restaurants: Big Wong. It's a hole in wall type place on Mott Street in Chinatown. It's good and cheap. It's been around forever. And I hope it stays around forever. I usually get congee or rice porridge when I'm here. But I wasn't feeling it today. Besides, I was going to take out. Instead, I opted mostly for Chinese barbecue meats. First, I got Char Siu (roast pork) over rice ($3.75) with vegetables. It's a staple in my family. So good. Next, I got sliced fresh fish over flat rice noodles in soup ($5.25). This is better than fish cake. Yum! Third, soy sauce chicken over rice ($3.75) with vegetables. Another staple in the family. Lastly, Char Siu with flat rice noodles in soup ($4). Everything was good and solid. The vegetables are extra money. And as always, this place is cash only. It's been too long, Big Wong. I'll be back soon. Big Wong 67 Mott Street New York, NY 10013 (212) 964-0540

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.