Thursday, September 24, 2009

CSA 6: Corn, Salad Greens, and Cucumbers

The last of the summer goods from my CSA. I should be expecting some really good fall produce soon. But for now, I'll enjoy these. First, I striped the kernals from an ear of fresh corn. I sauteed it in some oil, salt, and pepper. Next, I washed some salad greens ready for some light heat. However, I didn't wash them good enough. While cooking, I saw some dirt at the bottom of the pan. I even spotted a bug. In the trash they went. How unfortunate! My laziness didn't check first for cleanliness. So i had to just settle for the corn with breakfast which included some pizza rustica from Sergios and buttered toast. The corn was so fresh and nice and sweet. I love corn. The pizza rustica is some cured meats, cheese, and egg all wrapped in dough and baked. It delicious! And for lunch, something simple. I tore the meat off of some barbecue chicken. Added a few sliced of smoke gouda. I heated the sandwiches on the stovetop. Then I marinated slices of seeded cucumbers with balsamic vinegar. The sandwich was juicy and hearty. The crispness of the cucumbers added the needed freshness. Upper Meadows Farm 12 Pollara Lane Montague, NJ 07827 (973) 293-8171 uppermeadowsfarm.com Sergio & Co 28 Broadway Denville, NJ 07834 (973) 627-1043

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.