Monday, October 19, 2009

Big Gay Ice Cream Truck

I was feeling especially down this day. And what better way to cheer up than with some ice cream. I've been wanting to try the specialties at the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck. And since the season was winding down (meaning that most ice cream trucks are packing away for the winter), I needed to go now more than ever. A quick twitter track and I found him on 17th St and Broadway. I was excited. I really wanted to try the choinkwich. It's an ice cream sandwich with bacon. Alas, no bacon today. But his other toppings looked interesting. I went with the Wasabi Pea dust ($4) And Berries with Sapa ($4). Both were served with vanilla soft serve. The wasabi pea was a little messy but really weird. The horseradish-like flavor from the wasabi totally contrasted with the sweetness of the vanilla. I wouldn't say it was bad nor would I say it was good. Just interesting. I'm glad I tasted it but I don't think I would get it again. There are so many other flavors to be had. The berries withe sapa included strawberries and a syrup similar in taste and color to balsamic vinegar but sweeter. It was really good. It went really well with the ice cream. I greedily finished this one off. I would definitely get this one again. The Big Gay Ice Cream Truck biggayicecreamtruck.com

1 comment:

  1. Didn't know there was such a ice cream truck, I should pay more attention when I see any ice cream truck passing by.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.