Monday, October 12, 2009

Take Out: Daisy May's Sandwiches

On a recent weekday night, I was craving something to eat. I usually don't eat dinner during the week because I fill up on food every 3 hours at work. So by the time I'm done with my gym workout, I'm not hungry. But this night, I skipped the gym for something far more satisfying: barbecue. Luckily, I am within close proximity to Daisy May's BBQ. On this random night, I didn't feel like having ribs. I love ribs and 99.99% of the time I get them. But I was feeling something else. I wanted a sandwich. I did think of pulling the meat off the ribs and placing it between two pieces of bread. But that seemed like too much work. I wanted to eat BBQ. And I wanted it quick. Instead, I opted for the BBQ chicken sandwich. Succulent chicken drenched in sauce between two sesame seeded buns. It was larger than I expected but it fit my appetite that night well. Nice chunks of chicken. Not stringy. Moist and delicious. Great sauce. The bun sopped it up without getting soggy. He picked the beef brisket platter. They were so tender and flavorful. The meat was a little charred in a good way then smothered in this delicious sauce. So good. Too bad he didn't get the sandwich. But the platter came with two sides. I picked baked beans and he picked mac n' cheese. The beans were sweet and tender. They had small pieces of burnt ends in it. I never liked beans before but ever since North Carolina and the Big Apple BBQ, I have been converted. The mac n' cheese was thick and creamy. Both definitely hit the spot. To wash it all down, I got a mason jar of sweet tea. Not their best work here. It tasted kind off. But I enjoyed this anyway. Barbecue and iced tea. What a great combination. Daisy May's BBQ USA 623 11th Avenue New York, NY 10036 (212)977-1500 daisymaysbbq.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.