Monday, October 26, 2009

Pho Tay Ho (again)

Another lunch at home in Brooklyn with the family. And Vietnamese was on our brains again. So off they went to pick up food from Pho Tay Ho. This time, they grabbed some Bun Nem Nuong ($5.50). Not too bad. We couldn't really tell if the meat was pork or beef. Flavors were okay though. Always some Banh Mi are at hand ($3.25). A staple in my Viet diet. But the quality here is lacking. And some warming Xe Lua Pho ($5.95). Lot of beef and tripe over noodles in beef stock. I've had better at other places. But I'll take what I can get. Surprisingly, they went next door for some random Chinese dishes as well. The name of the place is unknown. Some stir fried vermicelli with shrimp and pickled veggies. Just okay. I've had much better. Squid and pickled mustard greens over rice. This wasn't good. The squid was rubbery and the flavor of the sauce was off. We patronize Pho Tay Ho mostly out of convenience. Well, mostly out of my sister's convenience. Otherwise, I know some better places but they're also more expensive. Her saying goes, "If you want something better, than go get it yourself." So, I just keep quiet and sit on my lazy bottom and eat. Pho Tay Ho 2351 86th St Brooklyn, NY 11214-4309 (718) 449-0199

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.