Friday, October 16, 2009

Sullivan Street Bakery

A recent morning brought us to Sullivan Street Bakery. I've always wanted to check out their storefront. They're known to supply great bread to the masses of NYC. They're just around the corner from me. I don't know why it's taken me so long to go. Their retail store is actually quite small. But they provide some really great things. There are plain loaves with crusty outsides but soft and chewy insides. They have sweet pastries as well. Everything looked so good so we opted for a good sampling. Starting from the left and going clockwise: bomboloni (vanilla), croissant (half eaten), olive rolls (2), raspberry danish, apple danish (hidden), another croissant, and tomato stecco. All this came out to just over $16. Everything was so good. My favorites including the croissant. I have an affinity for croissants though. I also liked the bomboloni, a lot. Similar to a donut, it's fried but filled with custard. It was fantastic. It hurt to have to share this one. And for savory, I liked the olive rolls. They were so crusty on the outside. But inside, was soft bread with tons of olives. So good. I wouldn't mind getting each and every one of those breads and pastries again. So incredibly good. Sullivan Street Bakery 533 W 47th St New York, NY 10036 (212)265-5580 sullivanstreetbakery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.