Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cooking My Way To Thanksgiving - Apple Pie

Apple pie is made every year. Mostly because my sister always demands it. It's time consuming but it's worth it. Though most people are full by the end, there's always room for apple pie. This is especially true when served with vanilla ice cream. I start with some granny smith apples. They're peeled and sliced thinly. I mix in some sugar, spices, and flour. Then some good pie dough. This is not your figure friendly type of dough. I roll it out until thin and fits over the pie plate. I place the dough on the plate while making sure there's enough overhang. Then I fill the dough with the spiced apples. I cover the apples with the second piece of dough. It's trimmed and tucked under to secure everything inside. Then I make it all pretty with a scalloped edge and a turkey cut out in the middle. I bake it in the oven until it's golden and the filling is all bubbly. It came out so nice. And it tasted even better. Much better than my first try this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.