Tuesday, November 3, 2009

CSA 13: My Last Kale of the Season

This is part of my last CSA share of the season from Upper Meadows Farm. And of course there's kale. I've learned to love kale. It's really versatile. So this time, I chose to add it to pasta as part of a nice fall lunch. I cleaned off the leaves and stems and chopped them loosely. Next some bacon was cut into smaller chunks. I slowly rendered the bacon in a pan until crisp. I removed the meat and left the fat for the greens. I sauteed the kale until bright green and cooked through. Toss in some salt and pepper too. Some angel hair pasta goes into a salted pot of water for boiling. When that's done, I add the pasta to the kale and tossed until well mixed. I added some marinara sauce that I made previously for richness. Lots of cheese in this batch. Lastly, I re-added the bacon and tossed until well mixed. This was really good and hearty. The kale held up well against the pasta sauce, especially the cheese. The bacon was crisp and delicious. I would definitely make this dish again. Upper Meadows Farm 12 Pollara Lane Montague, NJ 07827 (973) 293-8171 uppermeadowsfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.