Friday, November 20, 2009

CSA 14: Swiss Chard

Sometimes late at night, there's a hankering for food. It's completely random. You'll try to ignore it and most of the time it goes away. But this time, it didn't go away. At least it didn't for Mr. Meat & Potatoes. So to help satiate his hunger with more than a slice of fat free American cheese, I whipped but something more substantial. Eggs were on our minds but I wanted to do something a little more than just scrambled eggs. I had some swiss chard left from my CSA share from Upper Meadows Farm. Then everything came together in my mind. First, I roughly chopped the greens. Then into a hot pan with oil they went. Cooked until bright green and wilted. While that cooked, I whipped up a couple of eggs and seasoned it with salt and pepper. When the green were cooked, I added the eggs to the pan evenly. When the eggs start to set, I grated some pecorino cheese on top. When the eggs are just about done, I fold them over like an omelette. The middle becomes remains creamy and soft. A nice little midnight snack that is easy to cook and easy on the waistline. Upper Meadows Farm 12 Pollara Lane Montague, NJ 07827 (973) 293-8171 uppermeadowsfarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment