Saturday, November 14, 2009

Dinner at Home

I had a hankering for some good home cooked food. And make that Chinese food. I haven't cooked much of it lately. Neglecting it mostly. So off I went and made one of the easiest but one of my favorite dishes: pork in black bean sauce. This dish is usually made with bone-in pork spare ribs. But I used pork chops this time. I trimmed off any excess fat and sliced it into bite sized cubes. Then I used a myriad of Asian sauces to marinade the meat. Here you have mirin, sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, black beans, and rice vinegar. The black beans should be rinsed and chopped up finely. Some chopped garlic would work wonders here too. Once nice and marinated, heat up a hot pan with oil until slightly smoking. Add your pork in an even layer. Let the meat cook until caramelized. Then stir the meat for some even cooking. While the pork is cooking, wash some lettuce. The meat will release its juices and create a delicious sauce in the pan. The sauce is great to mix with rice. Once the pork is cooked, remove from heat. The in another pan, heat up some oil. Once hot, sautee your lettuce until wilted. I know that cooking lettuce may sound weird but a lot of Chinese people do it. It's one of those really fast veggies to cook. Throw everything over rice and enjoy! So flavorful! I love black bean sauce! And I love it with pork.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.