Sunday, November 15, 2009

Galaxy Diner (again)

Sometimes I'm just don't feel well enough to cook, even for myself. That's why it's good to have a 24 hour diner nearby that delivers. The menu is vast and they're fast. This time I ordered a turkey club that came with fries ($10.95). A close up of the sandwich. Surprisingly, the meat was real turkey as opposed to deli cold cuts. I was really happy. It makes the sandwich taste that much better. I opted for no mayo but forgot to ask for mustard instead. So it was a little dry. The fried were mediocre at best. They were frozen fries that were refried. He ordered a pastrami sandwich on garlic bread ($10.95). It also came it with fries. A close up of the meat. The pastrami wasn't remotely the best you can find in the city. The garlic bread could have been much better. I've had better frozen kinds. But together it was an okay sandwich. The pastrami and grilled a little so it had a nice crispness that reminded us of bacon. And lastly, a side order of onion rings ($4.50). These were really big and remained crispy through the delivery. But again, they were the frozen kind that were refried. Nonetheless, I liked them. You can still taste the onion in them. And for a day like this, it was good enough for me. Galaxy Diner 665 9th Avenue New York, NY 10036 (212) 586-4885

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.