Friday, November 13, 2009

Ham & Cheese Wheels

When I'm too busy to make something really nice for a party, I make something that's east but also a crowd pleaser. My go to ingredient is Pillsbury's Crescent Rolls. People love the buttery and flaky crust. This time, I made ham and cheese wheels using sliced ham and mozzarella cheese. First, I chopped up the ham into small pieces. Then I shredded the cheese. I popped open the canister and I unwrapped the dough. I rolled it a little with my rolling pin to make sure the seams connected and to make sure everything was the same thickness. Next, I sprinkled the ham and cheese evenly over the entire rectangle. I left about a half inch of dough uncovered to create a good seam to stick onto itself when rolled. Starting from the side with ham and cheese, I rolled it up. The using a sharp knife, I sliced each piece about a half inch thick. I placed them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Into an oven at about 375 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. These are best warm. But alas, I went to the party with them in hand and they were already cold. Since it was a no food party, these were eaten up later in the night anyway.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I use the crescent rolls the same way to make pizza.

    ham and cheese is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mo Diva:

    They really have become my go to party ingredient. It's so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.