Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Family

Finding a local American Chinese restaurant near our place is a must. I usually do all the Asian cooking at home. But once in a while, I crave that greasy Americanized Chinese food. We received a menu from Happy Family a long time ago but never ordered. This was as good of a time as any. I picked the Beef with Chinese broccoli ($11.95). It came with white rice. The beef was a little overfried for me but the sauce helped. The Chinese broccoli was a little under cooked but that helped it remain fresh through the delivery time. No one likes mushy greens. It wasn't as greasy as I thought it would be. It was just greasy enough. He picked the Chow Fun with Pork (~$6). The noodles were long flat rice noodles. The pork was cha siu. Not great cha siu but good enough. He enjoyed it. The noodles weren't gummy. I thought my dish was expensive and I thought his was too because it came in a very small container. It came in the same size as my rice (a small pint). Food was decent but price wasn't right. Though the delivery was super fast. We'll try more places. Happy Family 500 W 43rd Street New York, NY 10036 (212) 695-6035 happyfamilynyc.com

3 comments:

  1. Just an FYI... the new Szechuan Gourmet on 56th totally delivers to our neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Zach: That's great news! We'll definitely try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.