Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Little Chef

I've heard good things about the croissants at The Little Chef. I've had their eclairs before and loved them. However, my heart does go a flutter for a good croissant. So one early Saturday morning, we headed out for some buttery bread. At first, I thought it was closed but the lights were just off. The chef, Edwidge, was in the back tending to his baked goods. We asked for the croissants and he was offering many flavors that day: regular, chocolate, raspberry, and ham and cheese. I wanted one of each but we opted for no raspberry, but got two regular instead. The croissant looked slightly more burnt than what I was used to. Thankfully, the flavor wasn't burnt at all. You can tell that this was a homemade croissant. But it was far and away from the best I've had. The best of the 3 flavors was the regular, followed by the chocolate, and lastly the ham and cheese. To be quite honest, these were just okay. I would go back again but I wouldn't wake up early just to beat the crowd. In fact, I'd rather have that eclair again. The Little Chef 8 South Tulane Street Princeton, NJ 08540 (609) 924-5335 littlechefpastries.com

1 comment:

  1. I love croissants but these look very dark...hehe

    ReplyDelete