Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Luke's Lobster

I'm an avid fan of lobster. I love it and will eat many pounds of it in one sitting. The only thing stopping me from over gorging is the fear of becoming allergic to it. Hey scary stories of becoming allergic to crabs and/or chocolate has reigned me into indulging no more than 4 lobsters at once. Anyway, while in the East Village with my German Dumpling friend, we stopped in at Luke's Lobster. I've been eyeing the place ever since it has opened. But I waited until all the reports were in. You know, about how it was a proper lobster roll with a light hand on the mayo, proper bun, and seasonings (or lack there of). So we went and it is literally a hole in the wall with just a couple of counters to stand at. I could imagine this place being crowded in the summer. But it certainly was still crowded in the winter too. The large puffy coats didn't help with space. But we ordered and found a spot which we shared with other avid lobster lovers. He ordered a crab roll ($9). It looked awesome. Smelled fresh too. Look at those chunks! I, of course, ordered the lobster roll ($14). So good and tender. Sweet meat on a buttered roll. So good. Drool. It reminded me quickly of my trip to Maine where the lobsters aren't laden with mayo and large chunks are found in every bite. My only mistake was ordering just one. But we had other things to enjoy that day. It took true self control. I want one now. Don't feel like having a cold lobster roll in the winter? Fool! However, they do offer bisque and chowder. Luke's Lobster 93 East 7th Street New York, NY 10009 (212) 387-8487 lukeslobster.com

3 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! I want to go to there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mo: Aren't you downtown? You're a short ride away from lobster goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the best place for lobster roll in NYC. I try to go there once a week.

    ReplyDelete