Sunday, January 3, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies

I found a new cookie recipe that I wanted to try. This time they were peanut butter cookies. I've made peanut butter ones before but I wanted to find a better one. So I came across this recipe from epicurious.com. First, I cream some butter and sugar until well incorporated. Then I add the vanilla and brown sugar. When that is mixed together, I add the peanut butter and flour. I mix until everything is well incorporated. I form balls of dough on a lined cookie sheet. Then I press the balls flat with a fork in opposite directions. This creates cross hatch marks on the cookies. Then I bake them in the oven for a few minutes. When they're ready, I let them cool on a wire rack. I tried these and I thought they weren't peanut buttery enough. But then I tried them again the next day and they tasted pretty good. I don't know why they tasted better the next day. It could have been that I was in the vicinity of the delicious smells of peanut butter cookies baking in the oven for too long. It also could have been that I tried too much leftover cookie dough. Whatever the reason, I'm glad that they turned out better than I had originally thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment