Saturday, February 27, 2010

Five Guys Burger and Fries

A recent lunch with a couple of coworkers is few and far in between. But one day I was left with no lunch and wanted to go have something good. I convinced them to walk 10 blocks to Five Guys Burgers and Fries with me. They're normally McDonald's eaters. So I wanted to shine some light onto them. There's so much more out there. So we arrived at the 55th St and 6th Ave location. There's a small seating area and the counter is in the back. You order from the registers and wait for your food in the area next to it. I ordered a regular cheeseburger (~$6.50). The toppings are free (except bacon), so I added pickles, grilled onions, and ketchup. This is not a small burger. In fact, a regular has 2 patties. A little burger has only 1 patty. Either way, the burger was juicy and very flavorful. I will say this again, I think this is one of the best fast food burgers in NYC. Here's my coworker's burger. Isn't that huge? And we ordered a large side of fries (~$5) to share. One thing is sure, they give you a lot of fries. Not only do they fill the cup up to the rim, but they also throw a bunch of fries into the bag. I would even say that a regular size of fries would feed the 3 of us. I've been to Five Guys before but not in NYC. But it's as good here as it is in any other location. I'm just glad that they're opening a location that's closer to the office. Five Guys Burgers 43 West 55th Street New York, NY 10019 (212) 459-9600 fiveguys.com

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Five Guys does have one of the best burgers around. I've been to that location before. And also glad to see the cup they use for the fries isn't Styrofoam for now like before. The free salted peanuts in the barrel don't hurt either if there are long waits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try black shack, not as much food, but a nice addition to the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steve: Thanks! I'll have to consider it.

    ReplyDelete