Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rutger's Grease Trucks

I finally made it out to New Brunswick for a meal at the Greece Trucks. At first, I thought it was "GREASE Trucks" meaning how fatty the sandwiches are. But upon arrival, it certainly said GREECE as in the country. I wonder what the affiliation is. There was only one truck open, R U Hungry?. That was fine with me because this is the main truck that everyone goes to. The menu was quite extensive. They have their normal fat sandwich which puts all things fast food into one sandwich. But they also have breakfast sandwiches and regular fast food items. But I was here for the fat sandwiches. I ordered the Fat Darrel, the original. It was named after a poor college student that wanted all things stuffed in one sandwich instead of buying everything separate. And so the legend was born. Now you can have a sandwich named after you too if you eat 5 fat sandwiches in less than 45 minutes. That's not one feat I'd like to take. I'll stick with my one sandwich, thank you very much. So this baby come wrapped in aluminum foil to stay hot. And so here's the bad boy. Here you'll find chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, french fries, and marinara sauce. This was all wrapped up in an Italian roll. It wasn't bad. It's exactly as you would think. Normal frozen foods that are fried up to order then slapped into some bread. It's great hangover food, if you need that. I went with my expectations and it met that. If some fast food is what you want, it's what you'll get. And was the service fast? Yes, yes it was. And he had the Fat Cat: Cheeseburgers and fries. This is another popular one. Why order a burger and fries separate when you can have everything at once? This makes for good traveling food. RU Hungry? 40 College Avenue New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8540 (732)246-2177 ruhungrynj.com

7 comments:

  1. Way to grease those arteries, Hungry!

    I thought it was Rutgers Grease Trucks too? Who spelled it Greece? That's very odd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TC: It was actually on the sign of RU Hungry's Truck. Even Rutgers alumni think I'm wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. On the RU Hungry? website, their logo says 'The Original Grease Truck" so I don't know. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TC: I guess they update their website more than their trucks! No matter, it's just good, greasy food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello there, I really like this blog because is a slightly atypical blog, since most of them are about nature workshops, and also I enjoy to read something about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the "Greece Trucks are in the heart of the Greek Fraternity/Sorority houses...hence "Greece Trucks"

    ReplyDelete