Monday, March 1, 2010

Hoagie Haven Again

Hoagie Haven is perfect for a cold winter day. Fatty, greasy, and filling. It's hibernation food. On this trip, Mr. Meat & Potatoes opted for something new: pastrami with cheese and onions. Who was he kidding? Do we really expect them to do well with Jewish deli meat? We live in NYC for god sakes. Whatever, now we know better. It wasn't bad per se. But it wasn't good either. And really skimpy of the meat. Booooooo.... They somewhat redeems themselves withe a normal order of a sausage and cheese omlette hoagie. Now this is better. I went for the usual because it's been awhile. I had a half cheesesteak, double meat, with grilled onion and a fried egg. Lettuce, tomato, ketchup and spices added. Here is a cross section of the hoagie. It didn't taste normal to me. The meat was smacked together. The egg was whimpy and in just one area of the hoagie. The grilled onions were non existent, and the cheese was weak. What happened to my hoagie? The answer: new workers. They didn't really look like they knew what they were doing. They asked me questions I've never even heard before. Yes, I'm considered a newbie too, but Mr. M&P never heard of those questions before either. WTF?! Not only that, the guy was Mush Mouth from Fat Albert's. He mumbled. And when I asked him to repeat himself, he mumbled faster. Yeah, not fun. I still ate the entire hoagie but felt somewhat unsatisfied. It wasn't what I was looking for. I didn't get the "ahhhh" moment. Hopefully on my next trip, I've have a seasoned pro. Hoagie Haven 242 Nassau Street Princeton, NJ 08542 (609) 921-7723 hoagiehaven.com

3 comments:

  1. looks pretty smushed! sandwich fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The steak hoagie looks okay but pass o nthe rest. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Steve & TC: It's usually awesome here. Damn noobs! The pastrami was a mega fail!

    ReplyDelete