Friday, March 26, 2010

Lunch Week 12: Roast Chicken Wraps

So every Sunday, I head over to the kitchen to whip up a big batch of food for lunch next week. Yes, I brown bag. And I almost always do it, unless I become too busy to even buy cold cuts from the deli. I do it for several reasons being health, finance, and laziness. Now, you may think that spending hours on a day off to prep and cook five meals at once is hardly lazy. But let me remind you, I hate it when the time comes to decide what to eat for lunch every day. I work in Midtown so the choices are endless. My problem, the more choices, the harder it is for me. So it's much easier for me to have my lunch ready and already decided. So my lunch for the week: Roast Chicken Wraps. Yeah, I know boring. I didn't have much time this past weekend so I had to make do without going with a salad or a sandwich again. Though, this is just like a sandwich but rolled up. So I start with whole wheat wraps. Some dijon mustard goes on that. Next, the chicken. I stripped the meat off of a roasted chicken I bought from the market. This tastes much better than they precooked then refrigerated/frozen stuff. Some sliced cucumbers and red onions. Lastly, some pickles and a few leaves of lettuce. Rolled up like a burrito. Voila! Instant lunch. Eh, but filling enough.

7 comments:

  1. Just go to Mickey D's for a snack wrap. ;P

    It needs tomatoes too. Or maybe a chicken salad next time instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Steve: Cheese makes me fat but I love it.
    @TC: Tomatoes suck now. And I don't like mayo. And EEEWWW MCD's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hungry is spoiled ;) Alright, no fast foods for the healthy woman. But NO mayo? Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @TC: I'd much rather have a Five Guys Burger over McD's. Prices aren't too different.

    Mayo, out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. More Big Macs for me. It's slightly cheaper if you buy their value meal. Unless you only eat a cheeseburger at 5Gs? A big mac alone is still cheaper. :P

    Five Guys is good. Heck, Shake Shack is good. I can't believe I had to defend SS over 5Gs the other day though. I like 5Gs but no way I'd say it's better than SS. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made it tonight with homemade leftover tortilla's. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete