Monday, April 26, 2010

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory. I remember coming to this place since I was a kid. It wasn't my favorite place because it had these weird flavors. As a kid, I wanted the sweetest and most delicious kinds: chocolate. And I wanted what all the other kids wanted: chocolate. So naturally, I always begged my mom to bring me around the corner to Haagen Das. But true to mom, she brought me to both. And I'm glad. I have a better understanding of what she was trying to do. She was trying to expose me more flavors. I'm totally appreciative. So I've been back since those times. All on my own. This time, I went for the almond cookie. And my friend, Ms. Lollipop, went for the taro. I've had the taro before and it's good. But I like the almond cookie more. It really reminds me of those cookies. Lightly yellow, it doesn't look like it's very flavorful. But don't be fooled. It's full of those delicious cookies. Yum! I really enjoy this ice cream shop but it can get crowded at times. The Chinatown tours like to stop here. And lots of tourists too. I wouldn't really wait on line for this. But I've been here so many times already. Also, I will many more times to come. Chinatown Ice Cream Factory 65 Bayard Street New York, NY 10013 (212) 608-4170 chinatownicecreamfactory.com

3 comments:

  1. I haven't been in a while. I like their almond cookie too, the lychee is alright, but Chocolate ice cream elsewhere FTW! ;P

    I'm sure I had their chocolate too but it not as interesting as their asian flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i work nearby i need to give ths place a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you meant "I'm totally appreciat[ive]."

    ReplyDelete