Monday, May 3, 2010

Daisy Mays

Lunch at Daisy May's one afternoon let to a full stomach and food coma for the rest of the day. The walk to 11th Avenue is worth it. I got the usual, Kansas Sweet & Sticky Ribs Plate (~$18). Thick, juicy, and meaty. These are soo good. These 6 ribs are enough for 2 meals. It comes with 2 sides. I choose 2 with cheese. The creamy cheddar corn, and the mac n cheese. Both delicious. And the boss picked a Caroline Pulled Pork sandwich ($10.50) and one side, Mashed sweet potatoes ($4.50). Always good. Mmm, mmm. I just love barbecue. Ribs are my favorite, by far. Daisy Mays does it again. Daisy Mays BBQ USA 623 11th Avenue & W 46th St New York, NY 10036 (212) 977-1500 daisymaysbbq.com

4 comments:

  1. if i lived in your building i would go to daisy may's at least once a day.

    good stuff.

    i was very happy with RUB when i went a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kansas Ribs looks alright. Way to load up on the cheese sides. I wonder how their Memphis Ribs are.

    Me would take a long afternoon nap after such a heavy meal too. ZzZzZz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy Mays ConnoisseurMay 8, 2010 at 4:47 PM

    I've tried everything on this menu at least twice, gotta say ultimately always go with only oklahoma jumbo beef rib or memphis dry rub. As for sides, mac & cheese is definitely up there, good choice. Also you should try their sweet tea, fking awesome.

    PS- you try that place, Robert's Steakhouse on the same block??? Best steak in NYC. Mr meat & potatoes would especially love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DM Connoisseur: I've tried the beef rib. I like it too! But pork ribs are definitely my favorite in general for BBQ. I've had the sweet tea many times. But wasn't feeling it that day.

    As for Robert's Steakhouse, the one in Penthouse? Not my cup of tea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete