Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Caracas Arepas Bar

One random afternoon, I had some business to settle in the East Village. It was also during the work week so I decided to grab some lunch while I was there. I wanted to try some place new and finally though that I had been wanting to go to Caracas Arepa bar for a really long time. Every time we try, it's always crowded. But on this sunny Thursday afternoon, it was bearable. a quick peruse of the menu and I decided on their lunch combo with included 1 arepa and 1 salad (~$8).

I picked the La Surena arepa which had chorizo, grilled chicken, avocado, and chimichurri sauce.

And here's a closer look at it. Look at the delicious chorizo. Oooh, nice fatty spiced pork. I liked the chorizo because it had a nice crispy snap to it. The chicken was a little bland compared to it but that was to be expected. Chorizo is just packed with a lot of flavor. The avocado was smooth and creamy. While the chimichurri sauce added a nice freshness to the whole sandwich. Oh and the arepa breading which is corn based was good. It had a nice crust which helped hold the thing together but the innard were slightly softer which gave way to the stuffing.

And here's the salad. Yeah, it was a little mediocre but the greens were fresh and they had asparagus hearts. That's pretty uncommon for a side salad. I enjoyed those very much.

The food from Caracas Arepas Bar was pretty good. I can see myself coming back here when there's no line out the door. The service while I waited for my food was good as well. They were nice and attentive. They even offered some water while I waited. I'd be back.

Caracas Arepa Bar
91 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009-5729
(212) 228-5062
caracasarepabar.com

1 comment:

  1. i came here for the Taste of 7th Street. we got the standard arepa as part of the deal and i believe it was the full sized version. pretty tasty and loved the crunch from the crust.

    ReplyDelete