Friday, November 26, 2010

Cooking: Parmesan Roast Potatoes

I really enjoy potatoes. They're one of my most favorite things to eat, behind eggs. So the other day, I grabbed a bag of fingerling potatoes. I was drawn by the variety that was offered. So off I went a made a meal of these delicious spuds.

A quick wash and scrub then sliced in half. The large pieces were quartered. The smaller pieces were left whole. The some salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and oil. Into the toasted oven at 375oF for about 30 minutes until I hear the sounds of the skins crisping up.

Immediately after I plate then, I throw on some chives and grated parmesan cheese.
I let it briefly cool then I dove right in. The potatoes were crispy on the outside but soft and buttery on the inside. So nice! The residual heat from the spuds melted the cheese just a little bit which made it so nutty. The strong flavor of the cheese complimented the lighter flavor of the potatoes. The chives added a nice freshness to the dish. It made it just a tad lighter which was welcomed by the end of the dish.
This was so easy to make but satisfied me to much. I love dishes like these! Also, this would make a great side dish to any meal. But sometimes, I like to have side dishes as my main. Just like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment