Thursday, November 25, 2010

Whiskey Rebel

Another Midtown Lunch Happy Hour. This time with more food in tow. Sorry but I'm still working with the camera on my phone and it's very poor in low light. However, I'll tell you about what kind of food was there. Some curry fried rice from MadJac, Asian snacks from TT, banh mi from myself, and proscuitto and cheese sandwiches from Goats.

Here's a closer look at the Asian snacks and Italian sandwich.

And a Nutella cupcake made by Yvo of Feisty Foodie. Melted right in my mouth. Oh yes more please!

And beer cheese. My definite favorite of the night!! Served with what else? Beer bread! Amazing! Good job M!
CT brought in some kati rolls later in the night. I tried the paneer one. Not bad. The cheese was kind of weird because it was a whole chunk. I thought it was have been served better shredded or even just cut up. Oh well. I munched up the whole thing anyway.
Whiskey Rebel was really cool about us bringing in so much food. They don't service any food besides popcorn, I think. We kept ordering lots of drinks of them and were completely nice. My drinks weren't watered down and had a nice kick from it. I would definitely come back with more food in tow.

Whiskey Rebel
129 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10016
(212)868-3800
whiskeyrebelnyc.com

2 comments:

  1. I liked the lamb kati roll. MmmMmm.
    The beer dip was really good.

    Hey, I brought fried chicken and cajun fries. Cheese brought samosas. Niu Yorker also brought a box of cannolis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. paneer is traditional served in block/chunk form similar to feta but not as strongly flavored.

    ReplyDelete