Friday, December 31, 2010

Holiday Dinner

Over the past couple of years, I've been attending a Christmas party with some of Mr. M&P's family friends. This year, due to the short notice, it wasn't as good as normal. Nonetheless, everything was good and fun, especially the Secret Santa in which a Shake Weight was highly laughed over. But you don't care about stupid gifts. You want to know what I ate. It was a combination of delivery from PF Changs and homemade Indian food.

The appetizer plate below is a vegetarian lettuce wrap with tofu. It was okay but really difficult to eat. There was also a random dumpling which was eh. Some fried calamari/squid which was really dry and over fried. Lastly, a fried dumpling which was also meh. Weak from PF Changs. Everything reminded me why I don't like their food.

But onto better things. The dinner! Here you have yellow split pea dansak, lamb curry, byriani rice, and chicken curry. Every thing was nice and flavorful and filling. I didn't need much to feel happy. Oh so happy.

But wait, there's more! Dessert! There was a nice spread but I opted for the fruit tart and pecan pie. The fruit tart was delicious! The fruit was fresh and not sour at all. The natural sweetness paired well with the buttery crust and luscious creamy filling. The pecan pie (which someone informed me was from the Little Pie Company) was really good as well. It was really sweet, just like a pecan pie should be but I liked the brown sugar and nuttiness of it. A small piece was all I need to be satisfied. There was also a pineapple and cream cake which I took a nibble and passed on. Other people loved it though. Me, not so much. Why? Reminded me of Chinese bakery cake. I hate those. Bleh!
A good time shared by all. So nice. Happy Holidays Everyone!

PF Chang's
3545 U.S. 1
Princeton, NJ 08540
(609) 799-5163
pfchangs.com

The Little Pie Company
424 W 43rd St
New York, 10036
littlepiecompany.com‎

No comments:

Post a Comment