Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Trip Home (Day 22): Hong Kong Airport

After that lunch, I didn't eat for the rest of the day in fear of being sick on the plane. It worked...until I ate a bag of Raisinets. Let's just say that the stewardess on KingFisher Airlines asked if I were okay. Needless to say, I didn't have anything on the plane. When we landed in Hong Kong, I was relieved to get some air and walk around a bit. We ended up getting a little bit of food while waiting for our next flight. We decided on dimsum. First, some porl spare ribs. They were just okay. The soy sauce and black bean could have been better.

Some shrimp dumplings. It reminded me of home and not of the fabulous food we had earlier in the trip.

However, the beef rice noodle was okay. It came as one long noodle.
And lastly, we usually cannot have dim sum without some pork buns. These are steamed. They were bursting with their filling which I heard was just okay.
The food here was just okay. It wasn't the amazing dimsum that we were used to in Hong Kong but it was a lot better than some of the other options at the airport.

2 comments:

  1. dim sum at the airport?

    hmmmm...

    AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice rice noodle roll. Two bad it's only 1 long one. That doesn't equal 3 regular ones...

    ReplyDelete