Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Trip to Bombay, India (Day 15): Kobe

The eating doesn't stop, does it? Nope. Tonight, we headed out to Kobe which is a restaurant that serves almost everything on sizzlers. It's one of the few places that you would be able to find beef. Kobe doesn't take reservations so we waiting a while in the hot weather. But it was all worth it in the end, especially the air conditioned room.

The menu is quite massive but it's just a mix of everything available. You can get chicken, steak, vegetable, fish, etc.

Some people started with soup. Soup in 90 degree humid weather? Not for me. The seasoned pros there ordered the scotch broth. I've never heard of it. I tasted it and it was like chicken soup but a little creamier. This would definitely fill me up and make me hot at the same time.
And then the sizzlers came. They are massive. They just mound everything on top. I'm glad I decided to share one with Mr. M&P. We picked the garlic steak (medium rare) with fries (~$11USD).
Here's a closer look at the steak once we dug it from underneath all  the fries, cabbage, various other veggies and sauce. The meat was certainly pink inside. However, it was quite chewy. I suspect that the quality was substandard for the US. It's expected when beef isn't a popular choice of meat. It was nice to have though. The fries were crispy but as the night went on, it became soft of the other vegetables and sauce. Speaking of sauce, it was thick and salty. Mmm, salt. Yes, please.
Kobe was pretty enjoyable and I would come back again. I definitely recommend sharing a sizzler. Being really full in hot weather is not the most pleasant of feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment