Friday, July 29, 2011

Event: Jackson's Mulligan on Life 2011

Every year, I attend a charity event for Jackson's Mulligan on Life. It supports organ donation for child in need. Usually people take part in the golfing offered that day but I really only show up for the dinner afterward. I do not know how to golf but plan to learn it one day. Dinner starts with an open bar and a nice cocktail hour. Lots of sliced meats, cheeses, and different salads. I like to try the seafood salads. This year, they had crab, mussels, and shrimp. A nice light start to the meal.

Dinner is served buffet style with a variety of meats and vegetables. I chose salmon, fried cod, beef medallions, and pork. One the side I had rosemary potatoes and beans and carrots.

There's also a pasta station that offered penne with marinara and ravioli in vodka sauce.
Lastly, there's also a carving station (the best station in my opinion) offering sliced beef and turkey with some sauces and au jus.
Dessert consisted of a variety of cookies, and brownies.
But the best is the fresh fruit. Oooh, pineapple.
Every year, I'm happy to support this great cause over some food, drinks, and laughs.

Gift of Life Family House
401 North 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123-4101
Tel: 215-557-8090
giftoflifefamilyhouse.org

Gift of Life Donor Program
401 North 3rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215)557-8090
donors1.org

Brooklake Country Club
139 Brooklake Road
Florham Park, NJ 07932
(973)377-2235
brooklakecc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.