Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lunch Week 23: Cobb Salad

So every Sunday, I head over to the kitchen to whip up a big batch of food for lunch next week. Yes, I brown bag. And I almost always do it, unless I become too busy to even buy cold cuts from the deli. I do it for several reasons being health, finance, and laziness. Now, you may think that spending hours on a day off to prep and cook five meals at once is hardly lazy. But let me remind you, I hate it when the time comes to decide what to eat for lunch every day. I work in Midtown so the choices are endless. My problem, the more choices, the harder it is for me. So it's much easier for me to have my lunch ready and already decided.

So my lunch for the week: Cobb Salad
What's not to like about cobb salad? It has eggs, bacon, chicken, and avocados. Some people may not like the pungent Roquefort cheese but I think it adds a nice funk to the overall dish. A little went a long way. There's also romaine lettuce, cucumbers, scallions, and carrots in my version. I also did not use a vinaigrette. I thought the ingredients were enough flavor and the salad didn't taste dry.

2 comments:

  1. mmm, avocado! i agree that depending on the ripeness of the avocado it can act as a dressing itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm discovering this week that the hard boiled yolk of an egg can really help act as dressing too, if there's any sort of moisture in the other ingredients (roasted golden beets for me). I think that's what made me super full today though - the egg. Weird.

    ReplyDelete