Sunday, July 17, 2011

Queens Food Tour: Eddie's Sweet Shop

At the end of our tour, we headed for Eddie's Sweet Shop. I've read about this place on the Feisty Foodie's blog so often that I was extremely jealous. You see, I don't have a sweet tooth but when it comes to good homemade ice cream, I'm all in. It's the creamy, milky aspect of hand crafted ice cream that I like. I also like commercial ice cream and my freezer would be evidence of such. But I really have a soft heart for the homemade stuff. It's a wonder why I don't have my own ice cream maker. Oh wait, I live in a small apartment where space is limited. Sacrifices.

The ice cream shop is really cute! It reminds me of an old soda parlor with sodajerks. But look! They also make homemade soda with seltzer and syrup. I love this place already.

We all sat and ordered with wide eyes. Even though we were pretty full (and tired) from the day's events, we still wanted the works.
Of course TC went for the huge banana split ($7). He absolutely enjoyed each and every morsel of ice cream (I think one flavor was pistachio pineapple), sliced banana, whipped cream, chocolate syrup, sprinkles, and maraschino cherry.
More sensible people went for a single sundae ($4.50). This is one with hot fudge and whipped cream.
A nice group shot of the offerings. Completely drool worthy.
And here's my sundae with hot fudge, no whipped cream. Slightly melted from the hot fudge but so good. The ice cream was sweet and milky and the hot fudge just made it blissful. Finally, I had Eddie's ice cream.
I was happy by the end of this meal. We had walked so much and had so a lot of great food in between. It truly was a day of happy eating with friends who share the same dream.

Eddies's Sweet Shop
10529 Metropolitan Ave # 1
Forest Hills, NY 11375-6747
(718) 520-8514

1 comment:

  1. Man, your chocolate fountain looks great.

    I went down one scoop from my original plans of Banana Royale to the Banana Split when dinner was mentioned. LOL. And Pistachio Pineapple was the flavor. It was all green with green bits in it.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.