Sunday, July 10, 2011

Take Out: Happy Family

I really like dumplings. I mean REALLY like them. I always try to get at every restaurant even though I have a sneaking feeling that it would be no good. This was the case with Happy Family recently. I ordered the fried wontons szechuan style ($4.50) thinking that it'll be unsatisfying. What I received was below. Deep fried so much that the wrapper was almost inedible. It was really hard. It made it difficult to get to the filling. Even when I did get through, the filling was kind of disappointing. I won't be getting this again.

The dumplings did come with a side spicy, salty sauce. I don't know what made it szechuan. It helped the dumplings a little but not enough to make me moderately happy.

Mr. M&P got some fried rice which was pretty much devoid of anything but rice. How cheap! Disappointing again.

Happy Family
500 W 43rd St # 1
New York, NY 10036-4327
(212) 695-6035
happyfamilynyc.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm the exact opposite of you. I love dumplings so much that I refuse to order them at places I think won't be good, because they won't be good. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. FF: Well, I've been proven wrong about my assumptions before so I like to try it more often than not.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.